Thursday, May 30, 2013

hot n cold: Manly

I love a cafe with wifi. I love a cafe that serves good, smooth coffee, not too strong but strong enough to drink as a piccolo.

I love a cafe with a kids corner complete with little table and chairs, toys, and drawing bits and pieces. I love a good cafe on the street where you can watch the world to by, the busy-ness, while the kids are entertained and still feel a part of the vibe.

HOT & COLD opened recently in the centre of Manly at the traffic lights. It ticks those boxes.

The cafe is floor to ceiling glass so you can people watch from the comfort of a bar stool or a couch.

Don't visit HOT & COLD if you're craving a big cooked brekky on the weekend. There's a limited menu and the closest you'll come to a cooked brekky is a toastie. Mind you - a few weeks ago when we first went to the cafe they kindly made me up a cheese and tomato toastie free of ham because there weren't any in the fridge.The owners assure me that croissants will soon be on the menu though!!

My advice - visit HOT & COLD when you want a quick coffee and be prepared to have a second because the kids will be entertained for a while!


No comments:

Post a Comment