Saturday, January 28, 2012

Mozzies



What is this? you ask.* My husband, let's call him J from now on, is a hands-on dad. For him there is nothing better than being with his family. He loves taking the kids to the beach, on bush walks, teaching them bird calls (as his dad did with him) and all sorts of other (mostly outdoor) adventures.

So last weekend he came inside, our toddler, B, in tow. "What is that?" I asked. "Wigglers," was our son's response.

Oh wrigglers! I twigged. It turned out that they'd collected some mosquito wrigglers from the bird bath. Over a week or so we've watched the wrigglers shed their 'skins' and grow into mozzies. B has been checking them regularly.

Needless to say we won't be letting the little blood suckers go, inside at any rate.

* Terrible pictures I know. I just wanted you to 'get' the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment