Sunday, November 6, 2011

A trip to the tip











My son, his grandfather and I took a trip to the local tip this week. A friend had mentioned that she'd scored 2 perfectly good children's wetsuits for $1 each on her last visit to the 'tip shop' so I jumped at the chance.

It was an eye opener for my son as he'd never been to a tip before. He was most interested that this was where rubbish ended up... and the peculiar smell.

As we pulled up to dump our trailer-load of grass clippings we spotted an old Holden- the same vintage as my Dad's latest purchase. There is nothing like getting something for free! We managed to salvage a couple of spare parts for his 'new' vehicle.

It's fair to say that everything at that tip, above or below the ground, has a story...

We swung by the 'tip shop' on our way out. Sadly we didn't find any wetsuits but I can happily report that we didn't take back any rubbish either! The visit to the tip was interesting and well worth the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment