Monday, November 7, 2011

South Coast Vistas





Here the water is so green, so clear. Everything is slower. I have to 'wait' for my coffee for the first day. By the second day I have to remind myself that everything will take a little longer than I am used to in Sydney and, by the third day, I am expecting my coffee to arrive later so I take the time to look out the cafe window or watch the few passers by. It's just the sort of escape from 'the rat race' that we could all do with once in a while.

The kids played in the parks and scooted along the bike path that runs right along the beach. It was then that I spotted a whale no more than 150 metres off the headland so we stopped for a while, watching it frolic in the 19ºc water!

I usually dip my toes in on the warmest of beach days (especially before summer is here!) but at 19ºc I couldn't resist. It was divine so I had a frolic of my own!

One afternoon we took a stroll to the end of my parents street where a little shed sits right on the water. We chose fish for dinner that night. It had come in that morning on a little fishing boat. King fish. It was so pink and so fresh. What a gift- to be able to walk to the end of the street to gather the freshest, sweetest of fish.

If you visit a local beach here I expect to see no one. Occasionally, and depending on where you are, you might see someone else walking on the beach or a couple of fishing boats at sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment