Wednesday, November 2, 2011

escaping the rat race

"Rat race:


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

A rat race is a term used for an endless, self-defeating or pointless pursuit. It conjures up the image of the futile efforts of a lab rat trying to escape while running around a maze or in a wheel. In an analogy to the modern city, many rats in a single maze expend a lot of effort running around, but ultimately achieve nothing (meaningful) either collectively or individually."


Excuse my absence. We escaped the 'rat race' to the South Coast of NSW for a wedding over the weekend and we're now visiting family & friends on the Far South Coast. I do love this part of the world.

The colour of the water 'gets me' every time and I do always wonder what we are doing living in the city.

We always say that "We feel like country kids in the city. We feel like city kids in the country."

I'll be back online when I can think of nothing better to do! In the meantime I'll be making the most of the babysitters, empty beaches and lack of chaos!

No comments:

Post a Comment