Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bargain Envy





Today a woman, at my local shops, hopped out of her Merc. I watched as she came into the cafe where I'd stopped to have a quick lunch and feed my baby. As I got up she smiled at me and commented "I have the same dress as you. Great to see someone else wearing it too."

I love my dress. It's pure silk with a great pattern - red white & blue. It's comfortable and airy- perfect for this humid weather.

I replied "I love it too. I just have to fix this tiny hole where the thread has undone." "Because of my height," she replied, "the split comes up a bit far. I have to put in another button."

I hesisted then responded "I only paid $6 for it." Her face dropped. She managed to gather herself "Where from?" I told her "Salvo's - near the mall." She was stunned and she suddenly looked very hurried- probably going home to add that button and make the most of her $300 purchase!

The second dress in these pics is my pure silk Alannah Hill dress I picked up for $25!

No comments:

Post a Comment