Sunday, October 9, 2011

3 parties in 3 days!

I have been to three kids parties in three days. They are fun and a great source of inspiration for planning our kids' parties.

At Friday's party there were a few girls in tutus and it made me wonder how hard it would be to make one after all they are not the cheapest of accessories!

So on Friday evening I researched i.e. Googled "no sew tutu" (I dreaded the idea of sewing tulle!!). I read through many patterns all saying virtually the same thing. I always check youtube before I decide on a pattern from the 'net. I am comforted by watching somebody actually complete a pattern.

This seemed to be the best video (short & sweet):



On Saturday (yesterday) I bought some tulle and satin ribbon from my local Lincraft. Last night I worked for a couple of hours cutting the tulle and then making a very 'foofy' first attempt. I do love it but my 9 month old wouldn't have been able to see in it, let alone crawl in it! I will save this one for when she's older- walking.



This is my second attempt. I only knotted one length at a time (whereas with the first one I knotted three).


I half-finished this tutu when I realised that, in fact, it would be best to leave it as a half tutu. That way it will just sit on my daughter's back and it won't impinge on her crawling!


And here's the finished product. Day Three (Sunday) and she had a tutu to wear to the party! (It looks eve better in real life!)



No comments:

Post a Comment