Monday, November 5, 2012

tessutis fabrics and new shanghai

I had a while to wait in Chatswood while J's Mac was at the Mac Dr so I wandered around the corner to Tessuti's fabrics. They stock a large range of fabrics and whilst I didn't need any it was good to have a browse.

I realised it would be quite a wait for the computer so I checked my trusty Good Food Guide app for good food! Chatswood (if you don't know the area) has a high percentage of people living with a South East Asian background so its a great place for food.

I decided not to venture too far from the mall and tried New Shanghai. Ordinarily I'm not a fan of Chinese cuisine but I have probably only ever had the greasy Australian/Chinese dishes.

I had the Peking beef with steamed bread (which had sides of cucumber and shredded spring onions). It was enjoyable. P (almost 2) only needed to watch me fill my steamed bun with beef once before insisting on her doing the same with hers. The only shame was that it was just the two of us and I couldn't justify ordering more dishes. The dumplings looked pretty good and you can watch as they're being made. We had a great waiter, Aussie, who's been her for ten years but is originally from Hong Kong.

* They have high chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment