Friday, November 23, 2012

North Sydney Produce Market

A few weekends ago we visited the North Sydney Produce Market Spring Fair. What a great morning! North Sydney Produce Markets is held on the 3rd Saturday of the month.

B was particularly taken with a chicken from the Kindy Farm that was visiting especially for the fair. For days afterwards he told friends "I falled in love with a baby chicken and then I cried but I drawed him a picture that I'm going to send him so they can hang it in his cage."


Have you been able to source local garlic? I have had trouble recently but I found a great fresh produce stand at the markets that sells local garlic, bunches of herbs and coloured carrots.

These zucchini flowers were beautiful stuffed with cous cous, feta and parsley and a smidgen of garlic!



We decided we'd have a Greek salad for lunch after the markets so I grabbed some incredible marinated olives and baby gherkins too. There's also a brilliant tomato store with a variety of tomatoes - heirloom, large, cherry tomatoes, romas. Perfect for a Greek salad!


I'm going to do a bit more research into The Big Feed but the idea that it brings young people on the fringes of society together to educate them over food makes sense to me! I'd love to contribute to this organisation in the future. It looks as though there are opportunities to do so so if you have a skill to share or an interest in young people and their welfare have a look and get on board!

No comments:

Post a Comment