Friday, October 12, 2012

when life gives you lemons....

.... make lemon cordial.

I had plenty of lemons left over after making limoncello and I remembered a friend recently made lemon cordial.

The more I googled the more I read about how Stephanie Alexander's recipe is the best. I have the recipe in her book, The Cook's Companion. I was hesitant to use a recipe that has citric and tartaric acids as ingredients but I did some research of my own and decided that I'd just use the citric acid.

As I do, I reduced the amount of sugar to 1.5 kg (I know, it's still masses!) and increased the amount of lemon juice to the juice if twelve lemo
I must admit it is so delicious! I'm not sure what the tartaric acid would have added to it but take it from me, it doesn't need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment