Tuesday, October 23, 2012

lined zipper bag


Once I worked out how to make these I couldn't stop. I guarantee that once you've made one of your own (and realise how easy it is you'll be wanting to make more: small ones, large ones, pencil cases, toiletry bags, sewing tools, etc,.


After making one I realised I had a distinct shortage of zippers. None, to be exact. The local Salvo's volunteer pointed me in the direction of a sewing basket. I was somewhat disappointed until, after twenty minutes hunting through the fabric section, I came across a tidy box in a lonely corner full-to-the-brim with zippers: long, short, in-betweeny. They were all plastic too and the sort you'd find on tents or more heavy duty items.

These are the ideal gift for my children's friends. After all many of them have plenty of toys and I usually give them books. This year I filled them with pencils or textas. For fun I made a few from calico so the child could decorate his own pencil case!



No comments:

Post a Comment