Saturday, February 4, 2012

Monster Pie






Over the Xmas period I took a little break from my usually organised routine of having a weekly plan of meals. Since J returned to work last week I had to get my head around mealtime again!

A very good friend of ours recently borrowed our Ergo Baby sling for a few months while she battled with her newborn's terrible sleep habits. When she returned it a couple of weeks ago a quiche and slab of sticky date pudding came as an accompaniment and a thank you.

Both meals were really yummy (and I was so glad to be relieved of cooking duties). Our friend told me that she tells her non-vege-eating-toddler that the quiche is 'monster pie!' That got me inspired to make my own monster pie.

I looked up one of my favourite websites for recipes and found a recipe for proscuitto & gruyere quiche.

I began to get nervous as I read the recipe which included homemade pastry. I needn't have worried. This was dead easy! With a tweek I came up with a bacon, spinach, basil quiche. I just had to add sesame seeds on the top.

I made a side salad as well comprising of vegies from Harvest Hub and our garden: rocket, lettuce, spinach, grated carrot, grated beetroot, cucumber, sultanas, sliced fresh peaches and a mustard, olive oil & lime vinaigrette.

No comments:

Post a Comment