Friday, February 24, 2012

breathing new life....

 




Today I breathed new life into an old toy. My mother used this cot for her dolls when she was a girl and we used it when we were children. Now my children are using it. The paint, though, has been chipping (a little) and it could do with a little bit of love so yesterday I visited the hardware store. 

I discussed the restoration with the paint consultant and I decided that I wouldn't sand back the old paint given that it's likely to be lead-lined. Armed with a spray can of primer and this 'cherry red' paint I have transformed what was a 'sunshine yellow' cot into a glossy new toy. 

I'll have to whip up a mattress to line the base (and it could use a few new nails!) I'll put on the second coat tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment