Sunday, August 14, 2011

operation apron strings...


What a beautiful weekend with the family! This morning we took both our kids to the pool for their swimming lessons. Our youngest goes with Daddy. For her second ever lesson she did really well- going under a few times. Our commitment to our son's lessons has paid off. He's been swimming since he was 4 months old and he shares a teacher with just one other child. He reaches with a long stroke, kicks and puts his face under to blow bubbles. We are so proud.

Our eldest is also learning how to scoot and eager to do it "No Mummy. No Daddy." He only ran into the pot plant a few times and managed to hop the concrete path in to a strategically placed box. No injuries as yet. Thankfully.

Isn't this a beautiful wine label? Faced with a shelf of wine labels I would buy this one purely for it's label but fortunately it was a gift from my husband's boss. A very nice drop too.



After 2 years and 7 months of being a parent I finally decided I NEED a hobby. My two memories of sewing are of making pencil cases in early high school and breaking the needle of my mum's sewing machine the one and only time she let me near it.

I thought it was time I got myself a sewing machine a few months ago but the 1950's Elna Grasshopper I bought was 'getting on' and had issues with tension. After it chewed through some fabric a few too may times so was I! I decided if I wanted to take this hobby thing seriously I'd get myself a reliable 'number.' Connie is a long-term investment - she's reliable and very straight forward to use. I have a little helper in the kitchen so I whipped this up for him in about an hour. I know it's a little rustic.

I'll share some more projects as I create....

No comments:

Post a Comment