Tuesday, December 25, 2012

yoo hoo Wagyu: butcher's cafe



In the interest of research I visited the Butcher's Cafe at Fairlight. Ordinarily on my way to Manly I think "I must stop there sometime" and today I did.

Andrew has been running the butchery for about six years popular for it's pasture fed, free-range, hormone and chemical free meat. Next door was once a deli that was selling more coffee than anything else (cheese) until Andrew came up with the idea to ditch the deli products and cash in on the caffeine!

The Butchers Cafe is now well-known for it's Wagyu beef burger ($12) and features in the Good Food Guide. A $12 burger has got to be good (right?) and, in the interest of research (and since after a coffee and quite a chat with Andrew I realised it was coming up to lunch time) I decided to try it for myself.

Aside from the very tasty, lean and tender burger and served on a panini-style roll with caramelised onion, lettuce leaves, bacon and provolone it's much like your ordinary burger. I would have liked less bread but that's the issue I always have with burgers.

There's a steady stream of traffic at the Butcher's Cafe - mostly for its coffee - and always groups of people out the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment