Tuesday, September 4, 2012

yoga mat bag continued 2

I do think it's incredible that you can create a three dimensional useable product from a length of material. I am very pleased with the outcome of this sewing project. The lovely Kristie from Sewing Lessons Sydney helped me to get from this to the finished product. Every time I pick up my yoga mat bag I feel a sense of achievement and, most importantly, motivated to do yoga and Pilates.

If you do wish to make a yoga mat bag like mine Google 'Amy Butler Nigella Yoga Bag.' if you are a beginner sewer like me it may take you some time to wrap your head around the wordy instructions. 

Oh... And if you're feeling adventurous like I did you can fold the open end of the bag down, creating a. 'tunnel' (I'm certain that the technical term) to add a drawstring. You might even like to do your very own button hole (my second ever since the first one was practising for this one!) to feed the cord through!

No comments:

Post a Comment