Wednesday, September 19, 2012

road trip

Once again we have escaped the busyness of Sydney for the simple life of the Far South Coast of NSW where most of my family live.

My girlfriend, who grew up about an hour from me, but whom I went to high school with had also planned to head home. There is something quite rebellious about organising a road trip in your thirties. We took both our daughters and they were remarkable little travellers. The endless popcorn, crackers, fruit and all organic health food we could muster up certainly helped!

We kept ourselves happy by making a stop at my favourite vegetarian cafe, Pilgrims, and fabric shop, My Patch Fabrics, in Milton.

My Patch has recently moved to a much larger premises which has given them room to conduct sewing workshops on site. My girlfriend had to set herself a $ limit before we entered the door! Needless to say we both came away with a bag each of fat quarters and other materials for inspiration. (Yes... inspiration!) watch this space and don't forget My Patch is online.

Two more of our school friends work in Milton so we met them for lunch nearby at Pilgrims. Pilgrims was predictable... divine and offering such a menu that's hard to choose from. I had a tofu burger wrap with salad (see below). A friend had the quiche with piles of salad (think sprouts, a slab of feta, olives).


No comments:

Post a Comment