Thursday, July 26, 2012

sewing: yoga mat bag cont'd





Here's a sneak peek at my yoga mat bag to date. Gosh - I just had such a wonderful time at the sewing lesson. We got most of the way through and I finished a few stages at home. I'd like my teacher Kristie to be there when I sew the circle & lining to the bottom of the bag so I'll have to wait til I can get to another class.


The thing I was most impressed about Kristie (who studied fashion design) is that she could look at the pattern and the fabric pieces and visualise it already made. In her head she said she was working backwards to get to the step where I was up to! I found this a fascinating skill and one that would be very beneficial to a sewing project!

It's a treat to be working with such quality fabric.

I love the pockets on the outside of the bag- perfect for my gym pass, towel & a few other bit n pieces!

Watch this space! 

No comments:

Post a Comment