Thursday, December 8, 2011

Ahoy Me Hearties!


December is HUGE for our extended family. Aside from Christmas we celebrate four birthdays including our two children's. This year we've decided to have a 'Pirate Party' for the kids so it's going ahead (pending the weather) this Sunday.

I made this treasure chest so we can have a treasure hunt (for 'lolly bags'). I covered an esky with newspaper and used masking tape to secure it. I didn't have any brown paint but that didn't matter! I just mixed red, blue and yellow together!

My son and I painted the newspaper (inside and outside of the esky) before I added the 'gold' trimmings. I found a 'skull and crossbone' image on Google and drew it on a piece of thick paper. I cut out the bits that I wanted to appear in white paint.

Stay tuned for a recap of the party & the activities I have planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment