Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas must be coming..




I know it's not traditional to begin Christmas before December but I guess we don't follow much of the tradition of Christmas.

There are hints around our house that Christmas is on its way. I like the fun around Christmas- making things, eating great food, being with family and friends and having husband home from work!

I have a few things that come out each year too. The first is my twin nisse which came from two beautiful Norwegian students I had in my second year of teaching. The girls could only speak a few words (literally) in English when they arrived - "toilet" and "thank you." They arrived during a very hot summer so I'd frequently find them drenching themselves under the bubbler - trying to keep cool. These girls are now 11, living back in Norway and I keep in touch with them via their parents. Each Christmas, especially, I think of my little nisse girls.

The Santas are also Scandinavian. Nordic Fusion has a great range of stock at Christmas time. Although it's not cheap (you can always wait 'til January) I like to have a few precious keepsakes that come out each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment