Friday, May 30, 2014

leek, feta and mushroom tart

I love when I have that kitchen intuition that means I don't need a recipe but it does mean this isn't a complete recipe. If you do decide to make this be sure to ask me anything on my facebook page.

For tonight's dinner I used ready made puff pastry for the tart which is a first in a while. I lined a greased pie dish with the pastry and blind baked the shell for 10 mins at 180°c then removed the baking paper & weight and baked for a further 15 mins. 

I combined ten eggs and a big splash of milk before sweating off a sliced leek in some butter. 


The egg mix can then be poured in to the shell along with the leek, about 70g of crumbled feta and some sliced Swiss brown mushrooms to decorate. 


The tart needs to be baked at 180°c for about 30 minutes (until the egg mix is firm). You may need to cover the tart for a further 15 mins with foil so the edges don't burn. 

This can be served with a green salad or a salad of your choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment