Friday, March 1, 2013

threading...



The weather has been quite unpredictable in Sydney of late so I've had to think of a few indoor activities for the kids. Earlier this week I bought a bag of oranges which reminded me of weaving activities I'd set up for my Kindy kid.

I had some twine and I tied one end to the end of a strip of orange bag then wrapped a piece of sticky tape tightly around the other end (much like the end of a shoelace) so it was easy to thread.

B sat for some time threading the twine in and out of the orange bag and then announced "Mummy! I've made you a shower ball!" and that's exactly what it looked like when he'd finished.

Fine motor skills include molding play dough (squeezing, pulling, stretching), manipulating small objects (e.g. jigsaw pieces), cutting with scissors, drawing, tracing. Strengthening the muscles in the hands helps to develop the pincer grip and the muscles used to coordinate a pencil when writing, manipulate a fork etc,.

No comments:

Post a Comment