Thursday, June 14, 2012

congratulations!





 My dear husband passed his third, and final, general pratice exam today! Just a bit of paperwork and he'll be a fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners.

Whilst I knew he'd pass we weren't entirely certain when his results would be emailed. 

Today was B's preschool day so I productively went about my day preparing for dinner and dessert. I just 'had this feeling' that I should be making an especially yummy meal. 

And I discovered a recipe after visiting the Capital Farmers Markets in Canberra on the weekend. Check out the Portuguese Chicken recipe i.e. Pirri Pirri Chicken.You MUST try this recipe. Once again Harvest Hub supplied me with the best vegetables- bullhorn capsicums - much sweeter & softer than their rounder relatives.

Serve the grilled marinated chicken with some of Infinity Sourdough's rolls/buns (crusty after being in the oven for 15 mins at 180ºc) a wedge of lemon, lettuce leaves, a smidgen of Pukara's lemon-infused olive oil, sea salt flakes and a good splash of the pirri pirri sauce and that is one very satisfying meal!

Did I mention the glass of Pinot Noir?

Gosh we eat like kings and we aren't yet up to dessert!

I've ALWAYS wanted to make a Tiramisu and I'd bought the biscuits a while ago. I had a stack of Nespresso capsules arrive today so I had perfect coffee for the soaking mix. Of course I didn't make the Tiramisu entirely to the recipe. I did it 'My Way' instead and used Kahlua instead of brandy. I had hoped 'my girls' had laid 6 eggs in past two days but they hadn't so I used store bought custard. All in all - even with the slight tweaks - the end product was delicious!

Serve them in some cocktail glass - it's easier to eat - and grate dark Lindt chocolate over the top.

 (I even had enough to drop a large portion to a friend who's just had a baby and has her parents staying with their already family of five.)

These photos are just to prove that I usually work in what appears to be a chaotic kind of way but I assure you that I do work methodically!

No comments:

Post a Comment