Tuesday, June 19, 2012

birthday cake in the nation's capital



 

If you didn't already know Canberra is Australia's capital. I visited on the Queen's Birthday long weekend for a friend, Adrienne's, 30th. Needless to say it was damn cold! My poor car started 'beeping' when I started up her engine.... she's had never been so cold! -0.5ºc!!

I lived in Canberra for four years while I studied teaching at uni but I had forgotten how cold it can be. I can't believe that for those four years we lived with barely any heating (we were struggling uni students) and I walked a lot (I couldn't afford to own and run a car).  When my future husband used to visit from Sydney we'd stay with my grandmother (who used central heating). It was such a treat!

I have known Adri since her sister and my brother were in utero (when we were about two and a half). Our parents were attending homebirth classes together (more of that in another post.) Adri had a cake party at her parent's home. Check out Walter O Food. For a couple of days beforehand her and her family baked (something they LOVE to do!) You can check out her blog.

Oh my goodness! The food was amazing...

think:

* pear and cardamon friands
* beetroot chocolate cake
* apple cinnamon donuts
* Mum's date loaf with whipped maple butter
* cream with cardoman & lemon
* blueberry & white chocolate cake with vanilla yoghurt

Oops! I missed some cakes...... check out Adri's blog here for full descriptions.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment