Saturday, March 24, 2012

gado-gado & wontons



Tonight we'll have an Asian inspired dinner.

Although I am exhausted I wouldn't mind having cheese on toast! But I have already done the prep so we are having some of those yummy steamed chicken wontons and the Indonesian dish gado-gado.

I have only found the Shanghai wonton wrappers at an Asian grocer some distance from our place so I made the trip today but I was very pleased to find, in their fairly extensive Indonesian section, some great products - peanut salad dressing for gado-gado. I usually check packets carefully but this dressing has just the basics. Add warm water in a pan and there you have the gado-gado dressing! (I just added a dessertspoon of Sambal Oelek for a bit of a chilli kick!)

I better get into the kitchen. My husband is due home soon and I am hungry just thinking about dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment