Monday, September 26, 2011

Spring in 'Full Swing' (in the capital).











I had a long weekend in Canberra last weekend. My best friend from high school (a student at the School of Arts) is exhibiting at the Belconnen Arts Centre in an exhibition named Creative Alchemy. I wanted to attend the opening so it was a perfect opportunity to see her work hanging and catch up with friends who I hadn't seen for some time. If you are in Canberra why not check it out?!

After the opening I stopped by to meet friends for a drink at Tilleys. Afterwards I happened upon my dear friend Heath who was playing at The Front with Chris Parkinson from The Yearlings. It was a perfectly intimate gig - laid back and ideal for The Front's gezellig atmosphere. It was such a stroke of luck to catch the gig and I am so grateful for my wonderful babysitter who urged me to stay out if I was having fun!


I also used the opportunity to catch up with and visit a few friends in Canberra and I managed to snap a few shots of blooming spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment