Monday, September 19, 2011

Bunting

Here is the first project I finished using my new sewing machine....


I ordered a whole stack of organic cotton quarters from Funky Fabrix. The material is good quality and they have some great prints.


I don't iron. well- I RARELY iron. My husband needs to iron every day for work and I have been known to iron a shirt or blouse on the very odd occasion. Now, however, I have discovered that the iron is my friend when it comes to sewing....


 The finished product in my daughter's room. I added a few yo-yos to her bunting. My next post will include how to make yo-yos.


The finished product in my son's room.


I am going to use these for the kids' birthdays too (sling them between the branches of a tree or along our verandah). I will obviously have to add some extra bias binding to the ends of them so there's enough length to tie around a branch.




No comments:

Post a Comment