Wednesday, August 14, 2013

precious moments with family (and food)

I'm still dreaming of the lunch I shared with my husband and daughter today. These precious moments as a family are what I 'hold on to' when life gets hectic (which is frequently!)

Salad - bunch rocket (chopped)
1 carrot, 1 small beetroot, half fennel bulb (all thinly sliced with a microplane.)
half capsicum, sliced
half bunch mint, finely chopped
1 handful of pine nuts
400g tinned chickpeas (drained)
drizzle each of balsamic vinegar and olive oil
juice of 1 lemon

You can eat this as a salad on its own but I drizzled the juice of one lemon over a serving each of cold-smoked salmon and this was a perfect accompaniment (or was the salad an accompaniment to the sallmon?).

It was another stunning Sydney day here and this made us feel like we really are heading in to summer!


Have you got a trick for making family moments in the midst of the chaos?

No comments:

Post a Comment