Sunday, January 27, 2013

day six: dec 21 Hội An (Mỹ Sơn tour)





We were desperate to get out of town and jumped at the suggestion of our guide to visit Mỹ Sơn "a cluster of abandoned and partially ruined Hindu temples constructed between the 4th and the 14th century AD by the kings of Champa" (wikipedia, n.d.)."

The site itself is beautiful and even if you have a few spare hours in your schedule I'd highly recommend a visit. The architecture is not dissimilar to ruins I've seen across Asia - reflecting the dominant religion over various periods - Buddhist, Hindi. Across Mỹ Sơn are those tell-tale craters - where the US forces carpet bombed during the war.




Back in Hội An we feasted on the local noodle dish, Cao Lau, although I think B was still dreaming of his toasted sandwich!


Silk lanterns



Later I had the final adjustments made on my tailored clothes at Yaly. And, for the record, they are worth every Australian dollar I spent on them. I've worn all three dresses and it won't be long before I wear the blouses too.

No comments:

Post a Comment