Tuesday, April 3, 2012

congratulations J!



Made dinner tonight (as usual) but unusually we had a celebration in our house. My beautiful husband just passed his General Practice theory exam which was a 7-hour exam and included a multiple choice section that had 26 possible answers. Needless to say the old saying that the answer is usually "C" did not apply!

I decided to make Cambodian poached fish with rice which I love and a little zingy side salad. I love the combination of fennel bulb with fish and citrus (in this case orange and lime juice). Commonly I add nuts or seeds to salads and I topped this one with black sesame seeds. I first noticed black sesame seeds on inside-out nori rolls & I now make certain I have a supply in the pantry.

We toasted with a cocktail: a splash of vanilla vodka, lime juice, ginger beer mixer and tonic water.

I could not be prouder of J!

No comments:

Post a Comment